Check back later for Careers with Nevada County Cannabis Alliance and in the local Nevada County Cannabis Industry.
Fundraising and Membership Development Director
Role & Responsibilities
Part time: 18 hours/week (Tues/Weds/Thurs)
Compensation: Depends on Experience
Role and Job Responsibilities
- Raise funds for the organization and regularly meet or surpass fundraising targets
- Assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds for the organization
- Work with ED and organization leadership to leverage established technology and social media networks to improve fundraising activities
- Assist in planning and coordinating events meant to raise funds, and coordinate the activities of potential volunteers (or interns) related to event planning and execution
- Work with volunteers and the communications teams to create content, messaging and marketing materials, like flyers and brochures, to be used for the promotion of fundraising events and other fundraising activities including membership drives
- Analyze the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness and to identify areas for greater efficiencies.
- Maintain complete and orderly records of members and manage regular member and sponsor communications, including organizing membership meetings.
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor and member relationships
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities
- Coordinate the organization’s presence and tabling opportunities at community events
- Ensure members and sponsors receive all appropriate marketing materials
- Create all standard operating procedures to effectively run the organization’s fundraising efforts, including the membership drive
- Oversee twice a year membership drive, creating messaging and conducting direct outreach through social media and other methods of communication
- Continually assess the needs of allied business members and the general Alliance membership through direct outreach.
- Create regular educational and outreach content for members and business allies
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exemplary communication abilities and outgoing, yet poised personality
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- At least one year of fundraising or similar development experience
- Quick thinker and ability to make decisions under pressure
- Experience with Client or Member Management Software
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communication, public relations, journalism or related/applicable area
- Minimum two years of fundraising experience, in addition to managerial and event planning experience