Check back later for Careers with Nevada County Cannabis Alliance and in the local Nevada County Cannabis Industry.
Part time Position. Hours: 18 hours/week (additional hours, as needed)
10:30am – 4:30pm, Tues, Weds, Thurs (Evening work is expected for one event/month)
This is a non-exempt position
The Nevada County Cannabis Alliance is seeking a rockstar to add to our team. We are a small group of passionate staff who work in a high paced environment. We are supported by dedicated Board of Directors, volunteers and a large membership base. The ability to keep up is a must as we work together to make history in Nevada County. This is a support position that requires the ability to manage multiple projects and simultaneous responsibilities.
- Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Application deadline: January 29, 2018
- Minimum of 3 years with administrative support/event planning/project management or marketing experience.
- The ideal candidate must have the ability to execute a wide range of responsibilities to assist with the day to day flow of the Alliance.
- It is crucial that the Office Administrator have high attention to detail, the ability to work independently, impeccable organization skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- You must be a self starter with a collaborative demeanor.
- Proficiency with social media (Facebook and Instagram)
- Excellent writing skills, please submit writing samples
- Experience with Google Docs a must
- Experience with WordPress and Client Relations Management and Newsletter Management software preferred
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop strongly preferred.
- High School degree required, BA strongly preferred.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Check phone messages daily and disseminate messages
- Update and maintain the master calendar
- Prepare agenda for Staff Meetings and take minutes at meetings. Email meeting notes to all staff members following meeting.
- Open all mail; sort and distribute. Responsible for mailing all correspondences and bills.
- Ensure office is stocked with supplies; purchase supplies when needed
- Maintain office tools, such as printer
- Take proactive approach in establishing best operational functioning of the office – create operational (administrative) SOPs, as needed.
- Gain knowledge of our CRM system, Nationbuilder (NB); specifically how to add members, search for members and create emails from the database.
- Respond to all communications that comes through general inquiry emails.
- Review agendas for BOS, Nevada City & Grass Valley, Truckee City Council meetings as well as the Planning Commission meetings and email the agenda to appropriate staff & Board Members
- Responsible for welcoming guests and new members into the office.
- Support the Executive Director in special projects and research, as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate bi-monthly newsletter sent from Alliance to email list:
- Solicit information for newsletter from all staff and board members
- Gather pertinent information about internal and community events, statewide updates and industry-related information.
- Coordinate with Communication Director on content creation.
- Social Media Assisting:
- Keep track of social media mentions and campaigns
- Gather and Post relevant content to Facebook and Instagram
- Create events on social media and keep track of invites, mentions, shares, etc
- Update website calendar with internal and relevant community events
- Help in the production of flyers and hard media to market Alliance events
- Coordinate with graphic designer volunteers in the production of Alliance material
- Write urgent email blasts and text messages, as needed
- Keep track and aggregate local and state cannabis-related news and articles
- Provide research, as needed
- Send thank you letters and follow-up letters to members and important relationships
- Other Communications duties as assigned
- Organize all logistical needs for up to 2 events per month (venue selection, set-up/break-down, a/v needs catering & bevs, materials needed, coordinate filming/audio of event)
- Publicize events on facebook (both in posts and creating event listings)
- Maintain master event management timeline
- Ensure all event bills are paid on-time
- Update master event summary including post event cost evaluations.
- Ensure Alliance marketing materials are available at the event
- Handle all logistics with speakers, site and physical needs for event (A/V needs)
- Advertising prior to event via FB, newsletter, website, fliers
- Oversee check-in and breakdown process for events/workshops
- Organize all materials from events in office for member and staff access
- Other duties, as assigned
- Works in collaboration with Community Outreach Coordinator to identify volunteer needs for up to one volunteer events per month.
- Match volunteers with opportunities
- Identify skills for new and existing members
- Communicate messaging to determine the nature of volunteer skills and harness them to serve upcoming needs of the Alliance.
- Create and maintain list denoting area of skill and level of willingness to volunteer as well as hours possible to volunteer or in an as needed or event/meeting based etc.
- Maintain information in NationBuilder related to: volunteer skills and availability.
- Create volunteer trainings on how to advocate; how to attend meetings when requested, how to draft op-ed pieces, etc, as needed.
- Manage special events volunteering.
- Other duties as assigned
Membership and Sponsorship Coordination
- Direct outreach to secure potential business sponsors and individual membership
- May involve making phone calls or visiting business.
- May involve hosting weekly membership meetings.
- May involve soliciting silent auction items.
- Act as a representative of the Alliance at community and Alliance events, providing education on the Alliance.
- Think creatively to create and implement membership drive ideas.
- Other duties as assigned.