Exciting News!!!! Please read this important blog post fully to the end.
Yesterday the Nevada County Board of Supervisors provided policy direction for local cannabis regulations that creates greater access to state licensing. We are grateful to county staff for working in collaboration with us on these two important regulatory issues.
First, a resolution passed that allows for local authorization, under the conditions of the Draft Ordinance. This will allow cultivators the ability to apply for state temporary licenses before the deadline, which is now DECEMBER 1st! (CalCannabis Fact Sheet HERE)
Second, a motion passed to amend the Draft Ordinance to remove the requirement for conditional use permits. This decision will streamline the local permit process. Big win!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
There are very tight timelines in the month of November to meet the December 1st deadline. The Alliance is here to support you through this process.
- You will be applying for local authorization under the conditions of the draft ordinance
- Submit application packets via email to email@example.com
- Applications will be reviewed within 5 business days from date of receipt
- Attend Alliance-hosted temp permitting workshop on 11/1 or 11/7 to speak directly with County staff.
- There may be up to 3 week turnaround for your approval, START THE PROCESS NOW if you haven’t yet.
- Read Alliance post with links to the Water Board.
- Call the Water Board 530 – 224 – 4845.
- Attend Alliance-hosted temp permitting workshop on 11/1 or 11/7 to speak directly with experts.
Ensure that you have completed your articles of incorporation.
- There may be up to a 3 week turnaround for your approval, START THE PROCESS NOW if you haven’t yet.
Start the process now for applying for your state temp
- Educate yourself on how to complete your state temporary licenses .
- Attend Alliance-hosted temp permitting workshop on 11/1 or 11/7 for step by step guidance and to learn tips, tricks and FAQ’s.
ATTEND Get Legit Workshop: Apply for local authorization & state temporary license
Hosted by Amber Morris, a guided walkthrough of state permit applications and local authorization
Tips, tricks, common mistakes to avoid and opportunity for questions
Resources available at workshop to assist farmers:
- Amber Morris, Green Guidance Solutions to provide step-by-step guidance
- Nevada County Community Development Department to assist with local authorization questions
- Fran Cole, Attorney with Diamond Baker Mitchell, to assist with business entity structures
- Karuna Warren with WaterNow, to assist with Water Board Applications and Site Maps
Two dates offered:
Thursday Nov 1st and Weds Nov 7th
4pm – 7pm
Foothills Event Center, 400 Idaho Maryland Rd, GV
Register for the workshop: firstname.lastname@example.org to receive pre-workshop checklist.
- Associate Members: $40
- Supporting Members: $80
- Non-Members: $150
We are in the midst of a complex local and state regulatory process and there are tight deadlines to meet before the beginning of December. The Alliance is here as a resource to you during this process.
It’s GO TIME Nevada County!